CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 27, 2008

:: 2 Months ::

WOW Brogan is already 2 months old! I can't believe how fast time has gone! He has grown and changed so much in the last month alone. Now he has almost total head control, and is starting to giggle! He's giggled twice once on Easter and once at the doctors yesterday. Its SO cute! He's really starting to "talk" a lot more he's experimenting with so many different sounds. Not just coo's anymore he makes scratchy noises, and coo's and gurgles. Its so neat watching him learn how to communicate with people. He's sleeping through the night most nights, although he has the nights where he will wake up and stay up at 4 until i leave for work, which make for LONG days! REALLY long days. I have been back to work for 3 weeks now. It is so hard to leave my baby at home, but he stays about half the week with my mom, and the other half with Kathy the babysitter. She does SUCH a good job and is just in love with him! What more could I ask for?

Brogan went to the doctor yesterday. His new stats are 11lbs 13 ounces, his head is 41 cms and his length was about a half inch longer than last month. (I have a hunch thats not very accurate though) Brogan now almost wraps around me he is so getting so long. :)

I'll post pictures on here in a few days, His professional ones should be here by Saturday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brie,

Thanks for giving me the link to this! The pictures are sooooo cute!! He's getting really big! I will have to come see you guys next time I am home. Glad to hear things are going well! It was good to "talk" to you today! Enjoy your new phone :)

Love ya,

~Erin

::Introduction::

Although his life was unplanned Brogan has brought so much joy to ours. We found out we were pregnant May 21st, 2007, and what a shock that was. Looking back on that time now, as i look into his big blue eyes, I don't think we ever could have known what happiness he would bring with his arrival. I worked right up until my water broke at 4:40pm on January 15th. My heart was beating so fast as Buddy met me at my house (after i had to call and pull him out of an interview to let him know it was "TIME", he got the phone call he had wanted! Since I was scheduled to have an induction on the Thursday following and we both really wanted it to happen naturally. We got to the hospital between 6 and 6:30 and i was dilated to 5. After I got the epidural around 8:30 -9 I dilated to 10 within the hour, but was so numb that I could not feel my contractions to push. Poor Brogan was stuck there for another 3 hours with his head just trying to come out! We turned down the epidural, and when I could feel enough to push, it only took 1 hour and our baby boy was delivered into this world by his Daddy and Grandma Wood at 1:51 am on January 16th 2008. Grandma R and Aunt Chelsea and Aunt Brooke were also there to share that special moment and capture it with photographs and video. The rest of the family came in shortly after. What an amazing experience this has been...

-Brogan Lee Rivera-
7 lbs 6 oz, 19 3/4th in. 1:51 am 1/16/08