CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 25, 2008

:: Baby's first Christmas ::

... well its hard to call him a baby when hes going to be 1 in 3 weeks!! I can't believe how fast this past year went! This Christmas was SOOOO much fun! Buddy Brogan and I, had our own personal Christmas downstairs just the three of us early in the morning... and when I say early.. I mean Brogan woke up at 5 o'clock. :) He's so funny, we tried to get him to sleep for a little bit longer, but I guess that he was just very into the Christmas Spirit! I hope this is not a view of years to come!



After we finished our little family Christmas, we went upstairs and had Christmas with the rest of my family. Chelsea had come home from Lansing Christmas Eve, so that she would be there in the morning too!





After we finished with my family, Buddy Brogan and I headed over to Buddy's Parent's House to do Christmas over there. Again we had a blast! Both of our families go all out for Christmas and since we both have big families, its really fun! Buddy is one of 4 and I am one of 5... with all the new additions with Brogan and boyfriends- it really turns into quite the big event! How fun! and FORTUNATE that we live so close and are able to travel 10 minutes down the road to the other side of the families house. Making it always easy to see everyone for the holidays. :)



We had such a blast! Brogan was undoubtedly spoiled from every angle! A few of his toys were a big red fire truck/ball pit that he had a BLAST in Here is a video:

He also got a ball popper that he LOVES to play with and run around collecting the balls with Grandpa. He got about 4 toothbrushes, bath toys (little Einsteins rocket and leo squirter that he LOVES), a puzzle, a couple different Fridge Phonics- alphabet and matching farm animals, bunches of new clothes, diapers :) and wipes, and more! We had a GREAT Christmas this year! He even got into opening the gifts after a while and just started screaming with excitment! What a grand time of year!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis

No comments:

::Introduction::

Although his life was unplanned Brogan has brought so much joy to ours. We found out we were pregnant May 21st, 2007, and what a shock that was. Looking back on that time now, as i look into his big blue eyes, I don't think we ever could have known what happiness he would bring with his arrival. I worked right up until my water broke at 4:40pm on January 15th. My heart was beating so fast as Buddy met me at my house (after i had to call and pull him out of an interview to let him know it was "TIME", he got the phone call he had wanted! Since I was scheduled to have an induction on the Thursday following and we both really wanted it to happen naturally. We got to the hospital between 6 and 6:30 and i was dilated to 5. After I got the epidural around 8:30 -9 I dilated to 10 within the hour, but was so numb that I could not feel my contractions to push. Poor Brogan was stuck there for another 3 hours with his head just trying to come out! We turned down the epidural, and when I could feel enough to push, it only took 1 hour and our baby boy was delivered into this world by his Daddy and Grandma Wood at 1:51 am on January 16th 2008. Grandma R and Aunt Chelsea and Aunt Brooke were also there to share that special moment and capture it with photographs and video. The rest of the family came in shortly after. What an amazing experience this has been...

-Brogan Lee Rivera-
7 lbs 6 oz, 19 3/4th in. 1:51 am 1/16/08